»

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Do you ever stop and shake your head???


I think I'm getting to that point, and I wouldn't be surprised if many of you are there already.  Could more crap just happen to me???? (slightly bitter laugh).  Of course.  I barely have time to get upset about the drama in my life any more, because the instant I adjust to something, something else happens.

Well, I managed to meet a deer on my way home from my "part time" job.  The deer, unfortunately, didn't live to tell the story (at least I'm pretty sure--she ran away but had to be hurt pretty bad) and neither did my car.  My little car is totalled.  The deer hit on the hood, slid up the hood, went partially through the windshield (shattered the glass and added big hole) and also managed to dent the roof of the car.  Due to the 180 mile round trip commute that came with my prior full time position, my wonderful little car had 275,000 miles on it.  So I'm not probably going to get enough insurance money to get another car like it....and I'm sad.  I really liked that car.

So DH and I have been sharing a car (not easy, but apparently mostly doable) until I get the insurance check and we can go car shopping.  I've been looking on line to see if I can find a car that comes close to what I had.....my car was a 2004 Toyota Corolla--and I'm getting about $4500 for it.....it's not looking good :-(

I'm ready for something good to happen.  I'm only half serious there, though....because interspersed with all this dramatic bad stuff, there have been a LOT of blessings--I'm ok, for one....just some glass slivers.....and happy that I didn't, in the name of penny-pinching, decide to drop the collision insurance on the car....and like my mom--she actually is pretty comfortable in the nursing home.  I guess it just was time....?  And DH's job--if he wasn't working, I don't know how I'd get the propane tank filled for winter....and even more small blessings.....so I know I shouldn't complain.  But jeez--most people I know only have one big thing like this happen at a time, you know?????  Not like an entire lifetime of crises in just a couple of years.....I want to be one of those "one crisis at a time" folks!

6 comments:

GB's Mom said...

I have never been one of those "one crisis at a time" people. {{{Hugs}}}

perphila said...

I know what you mean. I miss those one crisis at a time days. At least YOU are ok. A guy just died here hitting a moose.

I need a "new" car too. At least I can walk where I need to go. I tell myself it's good exercise. Not very convincing argument when it rains though.

Miz Kizzle said...

You were very lucky. One of my college professors died when a deer went through her windshield. It sounds similar to what happened to you.
BTW I know your brother was trying to help but your DH should NOT drink. Not even one beer. Not ever.
Has your DH considered that his back pain is aggravated by his being overweight? If he could walk for exercise it would help the weight problem and produce some much-needed endorphins.

Anonymous said...

You never hit a deer. A deer hits you. I had one hit my dodge neon a few years back. The thing shook itself off and ran away, like it wasn't even hurt. Man I wished I had a shotgun at that time.

Grace. said...

I'm so glad that you're alright. But why is Murphy camped out in your living room? (The only saving grace is that he's NOT in MY living room at the moment, knock wood!) Some days you just have to slog forward, one step at a time, and hope for the best.

Immi said...

I would love to be one of those "one crisis at a time" people. I am fairly sure it isn't happening.

I'm glad you're ok and sorry your car wasn't. I hope you find something that works really well for you.