»

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How not to cook when you're under a lot of stress...

In between everything, I decided that I was finally hungry, and I was going to make a grilled cheese sandwich. MMMMM.

So I got the pan out, buttered a slice of bread, put it in the hot pan. Then I opened a couple of slices of cheese and set them on top of the bread.

When I thought the sandwich was done, I flipped it over to grill the other side. I sat there, dumbfounded, thinking, "Why is it smoking like that? It never did that before...."

Yup, I guess I forgot that all-important second slice of bread. You know, a sandwich just isn't a sandwich, without that second slice.

So I was left with a burnt-up sandwich, a burnt-on pan, and a really red face.

4 comments:

Mrs. Dreamer said...

Yeah, it's weird the things you'll do when stressed. My favorite kitchen moment was when I put the container of ice cream in the dishwasher and the dirty bowl in the freezer. Yeah, that didn't work out so well.

Immi said...

I know how not to cook any time. I did lose the cell phone in the fridge one time, though. I'm still not sure how that happened. LOL

Anonymous said...

I put ice cream in the microwave (instead of the freezer); sliced ham in a kitchen drawer instead of the fridge; forgot to put coffee pot on coffee maker burner...brewed coffee all over the kitchen counter; ginger ale in coffee instead of milk. These are things you DON'T tell friends and family about, lest they think you are losing it...LOL

Live and Learn the Hard Way said...

I have totally had that day. The one that has you so stressed and overwhelmed that functioning is impossible. Hang in there.